We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building the capacity and impact of social sector organizations through leadership development and talent management. We partner with mission-driven organizations to diagnose key issues, facilitate essential conversations, generate internal alignment to drive informed decision making, mobilize resources, and enable teams to exercise leadership at all levels. As a thought leader, we adopt practices honed and proven in the corporate sector, as well as create and share innovative solutions tailored to the unique needs of our clients.
AchieveMission’s funding to launch and sustain our work has been generously granted by foundations, including Skoll, Robin Hood, American Express, W.K. Kellogg, Kresge, and Tiger. These influential sector funders share the belief that a deep inside understanding of the social sector and a strategic, integrated approach to talent management – our signature features – are essential in helping organizations develop outstanding leaders and a high performing culture in the unique nonprofit environment.
We transform the leadership and management capabilities of social sector organizations to realize deep partnership and achieve mission.
We will not rest until we see a social sector filled with equitable organizations developing leadership at all levels.
To Achieve This, We....
- Apply a race equity lens to everything we imagine and all that we offer.
- Integrate an adaptive leadership framework with practical tools and approaches honed in the nonprofit and philanthropic context and informed by our team’s successful track record of social justice action and corporate leadership development.
- Partner with Social Sector organizations to strengthen the day-to-day practices of leading and managing, all day, every day, fully aligned with the strategic objectives that matter.
- Leadership development for organizations, teams, and individuals
- Succession Management that builds a pipeline of internal talent
- Customized coaching that goes to the heart of the issue and offers leaders at all levels new ways of seeing and taking action on the most complex challenges
- Talent Management strategy, systems and practices to ensure a pipeline of talent with critical skills; transparency of roles, goals and processes; and greater organizational alignment to deliver on the highest priorities
- Cultures that can hold and sustain uncertainty, discomfort and complexity
Who We Work With
U.S.-based Nonprofits, B-Corps, Charitable Foundations, businesses serving the social sector, and government entities. Our client list encompasses the following sub-sectors:
- Arts and culture
- Criminal justice
- Environmental justice
- Health care
- International development
- Public health
- Youth development
Values that Guide our Work
Increasing social impact is our shared goal and the ultimate driver of our approach and work.
The foundation of our work is trust and reliability. We do what we say we will do, and when we say we will do it. We maintain absolute confidentiality and professional discretion in all of our work.
Good information is the foundation for good decision-making. We speak our minds, value feedback, take personal responsibility for addressing and communicating issues, and understand that confronting unvarnished facts can lead to difficult decisions.
Respect & Humility
We believe that diversity produces better results and we are tolerant of each other's opinions. We value the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others, and we recognize our own limitations. We listen and are open to the possibility that our current beliefs are wrong.
We support each other both personally and professionally in a common effort to accomplish shared goals.