We're Hiring! Consulting and Development Associate.
Consulting and Development Associate
Full-time (100% FTE), based in Washington, DC and working with a largely remote team. Occasional travel required.
Why Work with US
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to building the capacity and impact of social sector organizations through leadership development and talent management. We partner with mission-driven organizations to diagnose key issues, facilitate essential conversations, generate internal alignment to drive informed decision making, mobilize resources, and enable teams to exercise leadership at all levels. As a thought leader, we adopt practices honed and proven in the corporate sector, as well as create and share innovative solutions tailored to the unique needs of our clients.
We deeply care about and have genuine concern and mutual respect for each other. We thrive on passion and dedication, on trust and collaboration, on agility and flexibility, on energy and innovation, and on learning and growth. We share our responsibilities, successes, and failures alike.
We have done the hard work to build a culture where we thoughtfully and respectfully say what we mean, and mean what we say. Our culture rests on the belief that we all have something important to contribute, a voice to be heard. We believe that diversity and inclusion are drivers of success.
Our people are our most valuable asset, and their growth and development is central to our work. As such, we aim for continuous learning through mistakes and supportive feedback. We value hard work and a great work-life balance.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Promoting social change is a complex and dynamic process that requires an understanding of the problems organizations face and the impact of their interventions on constituents. For this reason, we actively recruit team members from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives. We believe this makes our team stronger and our work better.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to consider joining our team. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals applying for jobs are treated equally and given every opportunity to succeed, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, veteran status, political affiliation, cultural beliefs, or economic background.
About the Role
As a part of our small team, you will play a dynamic role in multiple projects spanning communications and partner development, consulting, operations, and internal capacity building. There might not be a typical day for you, so you are comfortable wearing multiple hats and having a range of responsibilities. You aren’t afraid to face challenges head-on, put out multiple fires, and implement creative solutions. Over time, you will develop key consulting competencies that will position you to take on increasing responsibilities.
Core Consulting Responsibilities
- Work with project teams to schedule meetings, build meeting agendas, update budgets, and prepare for meetings.
- Draft materials for client projects, including email communications, PowerPoint decks, meeting agendas, and project-related deliverables.
- Attend selected client meetings and take notes, track actions items, ensure follow-up, and send out materials.
- Assist with data collection by administering surveys, developing interview and focus group guides, and conducting initial data analysis.
- Maintain staffing and project management system(s), ensuring accurate information and reporting. Track and communicate project staffing decisions.
Core Operations and Internal Capacity Building Responsibilities
- Maintain and support the development of select AchieveMission technology and internal systems.
- Support finance and HR efforts by coordinating the collection/reporting of data such as PTO, hours worked, salaries, etc.
- Coordinate key meetings, such as board meetings, internal retreats, etc.
- Manage the timeline and staff deliverables of special projects (strategy development, purchase of marketing platform, thought leadership, onboarding/recruiting, etc.).
- Help to draft agendas and facilitate information flow, communication of decisions, follow up on action items, and staff accountability.
Core Research, Analysis and Data Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate the sales and partner development team by aiding in the communication of decisions, facilitating information flow, following up on action items, monitoring progress against those action items, and holding staff members accountable.
- Run Salesforce reports and conduct analysis to enable the team to forecast sales, proactively address forecasted revenue shortfalls, and find opportunities for improvements in our revenue-generating approaches.
- Ensure the timely and accurate input of data into Salesforce.
- General Salesforce upkeep and maintenance of Salesforce; if needed, work with our Salesforce contractor to make changes to the platform.
- Conduct research to qualify and prioritize nonprofits with whom we would most want to work.
- Qualify leads using pre-established criteria and data accessible via external research.
- Conduct research on qualified leads in support of upcoming sales meetings.
Core Writing and Proposal Support Responsibilities
- Schedule, coordinate and support the successful execution of meetings with client prospects.
- Draft presentations and proposals for prospective clients.
- Support sending out periodic communications to help develop AchieveMission’s relationship with prospective clients.
- Support the development and execution of new contracts.
What we Look For
We seek motivated, analytic, creative problem-solvers with diverse perspectives and experiences. Our team members love to brainstorm and act as thought-partners to continuously improve.
- Passion: You have a strong desire to do the work that matters.
- Rigor: You are highly organized and have unwavering attention to detail.
- Strong Communication Skills: You communicate, verbally and in writing, in a direct, sensitive manner.
- Flexible and Nimble: You manage a wide range of tasks and stakeholders effectively and adapt to directional shifts on projects as work evolves.
- Independent: You work with minimal direction in a remote environment, and know when to reach out for help.
- Determination: You are a self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Collaborative: You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Reflective Attitude: You are willing to constantly reflect on personal and technical areas of strength and growth.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You love to learn.
- Technology: You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, and preferably Salesforce also.
- Professional Experience: You have 2+ years of full-time work experience, including familiarity with the non-profit or philanthropic space.
- Education: You have a BA degree in liberal arts, business, or equivalent experience; MA in non-profit management or equivalent experience is a bonus.
Please send a resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position; be sure to include how you heard about this opportunity. Email materials to Sonovia Wint at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3, 2018. Please ensure that your resume and cover letter are attached as a single PDF file and include the position title, “Associate Consultant,” in the email subject line.